Wednesday 23 February 2011

My Impressing English Course

It was Friday, February 18th, 2011. At 1 o’clock, I had arrived in my campus, Yogyakarta State University. As soon as possible, I walked to my classroom, it was 209 room, it’s in the 2nd floor of my campus building. But, unfortunately, the room was used. So, my class should be moved to another room. After asking the Academic Staff about my classroom, I went to 107 room. On my way to the room, I met my friends, they are my classmates. Actually, they didn’t know about the changing room. Moreover, they thought that our English lecturer would not come. So, they conclude that the English lecture on that time was canceled. But, finally, we decided to wait our English lecturer in the place where I met my friends.

After waiting for a while, Mr. Marsigit, our English lecturer, came. He was leading me and my friends went to the room. Entering the room, I and my friends took a sit immediately. We had sat neatly. We had ready for our first English lecture in University. But, suddenly, Mr. Marsigit ordered us to sit around him. It’s unusual, but it’s good enough. I thought that it could make me more focus to the matters that would be explained by Mr. Marsigit. I and my friends did that first Mr. Marsigit’s instruction quickly. In a short time, we had ready to listen Mr. Marsigit introduction. He introduced himself to us. In his introduction, he often shared jokes to us. It made us laugh. Even, one of my friends laugh until her face getting red. I thought that Mr. Marsigit was a humorous person. That was supported by one of my friends words. She said, it’s Gombong people characteristic, that they’re humorous. Gombong’s a city in Central Java where Mr. Marsigit was from. After his last word of his introduction, he asked us (me and my friends) whether we had some questions about his introduction. I thought, it was the second instruction for me and my friends to speak up. But, no responses he got. For a while, I and my friends just keep silent. A moment later, one of my friends asked him about the lecture contract. Mr. Marsigit answered the question. Knowing, there’re no more question from us, he started to tell us everything about motivation that could inspiring us. Through his story that he told with smile occasionally, he gave us many inspiration and motivation. We’re impressed to him. It showed by our attention to his explanation. I looked that some of my friends faces showed that they were impressed to Mr. Marsigit when he told us about his experience in some countries, like Japan. Beside that, he told us about three important points for us. They’re Perception, Attitude, and Behaviour. He said that Perception of a person to a something could influence the person’s Attitude. Continuous Attitude could build Behaviour. So, according to me, based on the Mr. Marsigit explanation, positive Perception would grow positive Attitude. Positive Attitude would build positive Behaviour. This positive Behaviour would help us live in this life.

That’s all my story about my impressing English course. Started by room problem and lecture cancelling isue. Continued by attention and laugh. Ended by inspiration and motivation. It was impressing!